Saturday, November 21, 2009

R O C K S H O P L Y R I C S



SLOW PATROL

croon along, croon along

can you walk the fretboard sober?

slip up, you’ll be arrested

before the jam is over.

playing, driving, red/blue lights

progress, I’m not sure

there’s rules and regulations

but we’re above the law

they lurk out on the roads

can’t see into our band

we play with tinted windows

look outside at the man




PATTY THE POETRY WARRIOR

I'm gonna be the next JK Tolkien
Wanna drop by have a drink with me
I write poetry, I paint too
Stagecoach fucked me up and I'm gonna sue

I got buds, I got hot young men
I see 'em walk by, I invite 'em in
Poetry warrior woos with words
The police come by, so I give them a verse

When I bonk I shit myself
I'm home sick from work and I'm drinking to my health




GIRL STUFF

I spread rumours I know aren’t true

I started acting tough

as soon as I put makeup on

I wanna scratch it off

I’m often mean to people

before I know them at all

I’ve heard of oral sex but what it is I’m not quite sure

I only wear black and I love it

sex it toilets is unromantic

please god keep your private bits private

I think boys can look good in makeup

they were gonna have sex

but they didn’t know what to do

in home and away on tv

and I’m kinda worried, yeah I’m really worried

that that’s gonna happen to me




CONFESSIONAL CULTURE

Confessional culture, thank you Oprah

Dream it make it do it, thanks Martha Stewart

Misty eyes, Christmas pies

Make me over make me over, oh you who are wise

Home making, corporate taking,

The world is mine by humble baking

Lets talk let’s talk lets talk show

Women on the talk show, lets go




HUFFER
Let me show you alcoholic
As I vomit on the floor
When I stumble from the pavement
Into your cool store

Projectile spew
Meets target market
Your name implies you're edgy
But this ain't a good party

And then I'll show you huffer
Drool on the nice hoods
Getting dumb on air freshner
the seasons hottest look

Snot and slime
Messy eyed
Teen pastime
Meets teen clothesline

No comments:

Post a Comment